Annual Community Tree GiveAway
Each year, in celebration of national Make a Difference Day, Keep Denton Beautiful gives away free trees to City of Denton residents at the Annual Community Tree GiveAway. The Tree GiveAway event is held in October on the fourth Saturday of the month.
The trees provided through the Tree GiveAway program are native or adapted to the North Texas region, making them well-suited to conditions of drought and heat. The event is open only to Denton residents, and all participants must complete a pre-registration form. Pre-registration for the 2013 Tree GiveAway is now closed.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 2013 Tree GiveAway
2013 Tree GiveAway Tree Guide
- Early Pre-Registration for KDB Members ONLY: September 16, 2013 - September 22, 2013.
- Regular Pre-Registration: September 23, 2013 - October 19, 2013.
- Tree GiveAway Event Date: Saturday, October 26, 2013.
KDB recommends these resources for tree planting and tree care:
Alliance for Community Trees - www.actrees.org
Arbor Day Foundation - www.arborday.org
Casey Trees Nonprofit Organization - www.caseytrees.org
Texas A&M Tree Care Kit - essmextension.tamu.edu/treecarekit/
Texas Trees Foundation - www.texastrees.org
Trees Benefit our Community!
Trees and urban forests contribute to healthier, safer, more vibrant cities and towns. They bestow a variety of economic benefits for both businesses and individuals, and they are key to long-term, sustainable community development. Read more about the many ways that trees benefit our community by checking out these great resources:
- Tree Fact Sheets, courtesy of the Alliance for Community Trees
- Cross Timers Urban Forestry Council
- State of Texas Urban Forestry Council
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Texas Forest Service Tree Planting Guide